Cover artist Dave Johnson confirmed via his Twitter account earlier this week that the comedic Spider-Man and Deadpool team-up series will be ending with issue #50 in May. He wrote, “My last ‘Spider-Man/Deadpool’ cover because the book is ending. Seemed fitting.” The tweet was accompanied by an image of the title characters being stalked by the Grim Reaper.
My last Spider-Man/Deadpool cover because the book is ending. Seemed fitting. pic.twitter.com/qaoUVmVgAT
— Rev. Dave Johnson, I care a lot. (@Devilpig666) February 23, 2019
Here’s the full solicit for the issue:
- ROBBIE THOMPSON (W)
- JIM TOWE & MATT HORAK (A)
- Cover by DAVE JOHNSON
- THE BIGGEST CLIMAX OF THE BIGGEST MARVEL EVENT OF ALL TIME!
- An epic 50th issue — guaranteed to blow your socks off! READ WITH EXTRA SOCKS!
- Spider-Man and Deadpool fight the Manipulator for the fate of the entire Marvel Universe!
- I HOPE THEY PULL IT OFF! I REALLY LIKE THIS UNIVERSE! I’M SO WORRIED!
- 40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99
Spider-Man/Deadpool #1 hit shelves in January 2016 and was written by Joe Kelly with illustrations by Ed McGuinness. The series took two Marvel’s more popular characters and teamed them up for a buddy comedy if you will. Of course, Wade Wilson is Wade Wilson, so you know that he continually gets on Spidey’s nerves as the two make their way through the Marvel Universe in a series of ever-escalating adventures.
Spider-Man/Deadpool #50 is written by Robbie Thompson and illustrated by Jim Towe and Matt Horak. It is scheduled to go on sale this May from Marvel Comics.